Jaguar Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™: Setup, Features
Apple and Android users in the Boca Raton area are in for a treat! Since last year when Jaguar announced the addition of Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ on select 2019 models, more new Jaguar models than ever come standard with Jaguar Apple CarPlay® and Jaguar Android Auto™ compatibility. In fact, any Jaguar models with the following features are smartphone compatible:
- InControl® Touch Pro™ or InControl® Touch Pro™ Duo
- Navigation, InControl® Apps™, and Wi-Fi connectivity
Both smartphone-mirroring systems allow drivers to interact with key mobile apps through the vehicle’s touchscreen. Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay® are simple and intuitive interfaces designed to minimize distraction while driving. Common apps include maps, music, phone, and messages. Certain functionality can even be controlled via the vehicle’s Voice Control, providing for additional convenience. Find out more about how to use Jaguar Apple CarPlay® and Jaguar Android Auto™ with Jaguar Palm Beach, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
Which Models Offer Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™?
The Jaguar Apple Carplay® and Jaguar Android Auto™ systems can be found as individual features or as part of the Smartphone Pack which includes Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™, InControl® Apps™, in-car Spotify, and Tile. Luckily, all 2020 Jaguar models come standard with smartphone compatibility, so you don’t have to worry about upgrading:
- 2020 Jaguar F-PACE – Standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- 2020 Jaguar E-PACE – Standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- 2020 Jaguar I-PACE – Standard Smartphone Pack
- 2020 Jaguar F-TYPE – Standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
- 2020 Jaguar XE – Standard Smartphone Pack
- 2020 Jaguar XF – Standard Smartphone Pack
- 2019 Jaguar XJ – Available Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™
If you are an existing Jaguar driver in Stuart or Wellington, the good news is that the Smartphone Pack can be retro-fitted on select 16, 17, 18, & 19 model year Jaguar vehicles. Jaguar Palm Beach is currently offering upgrades on select models. For more information on the Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™ upgrade, please contact the Jaguar Palm Beach service department at 561-659-6206 or schedule a service appointment online.
Apple CarPlay® vs. Android Auto™
- Apple CarPlay®: Apple mobile devices only
- Android Auto™: Google Pixel, Nexus, LG, Samsung, and more mobile devices
No matter which device you have, keep in mind these tips for connecting your device to the Jaguar InControl® touchscreen:
- Portable media devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.) can be connected to the USB port in the Jaguar media hub located in the center console’s cubby box.
- Use the cable supplied with the media device (i.e., ensure that it is a designated USB media cable and not just a USB charging cable).
How to Use Apple CarPlay®
Jaguar Apple CarPlay® is compatible with the iPhone 5 and above, running iOS 7.1 and above. Features include music, phone calls, Siri, messaging, and navigation. Follow these three easy steps to access Jaguar Apple CarPlay®
- Connect your Apple device to a USB port in the Jaguar center console.
- On the Jaguar InControl® touchscreen, select to launch your device with Apple Carplay®.
- Unlock your mobile Apple device, and select “Allow” to use Apple CarPlay®.
Additional tips for using Jaguar Apple CarPlay®:
- A Siri voice session can be started either from the Apple CarPlay® screen or through a long press of the steering wheel voice button.
- For best results, Apple devices should be updated to the latest iOS version.
- High-quality cables are recommended for Apple devices to enhance operation.
How to Use Android Auto™
Jaguar Android Auto™ is compatible with Android phones running v5.0 (Lollipop) and above. Features include music, phone calls, Google voice support, messaging and navigation. Follow these four easy steps to access Jaguar Android Auto™:
- Download the Android Auto™ app to your desired mobile device.
- Connect your Android device to a USB port in the Jaguar center console.
- On the Jaguar InControl® touchscreen, select to launch your device with Android Auto™.
- Read the Jaguar on-screen prompt, and select “Understood” to use Android Auto™.
Additional tips for using Jaguar Android Auto™:
- A Google voice session can be started either from the Android Auto™ screen or through a long press of the steering wheel voice button.
- You can also simply say “OK Google” to get handsfree help while your driving.
Explore Jaguar Features at Jaguar Palm Beach
For more information about Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™ such as compatible phones, software versions, and available apps, please visit www.apple.com/ios/carplay/ or www.android.com/auto/. You can also learn more about how to further upgrade your Jaguar with genuine accessories.
Recent News from Jaguar Palm Beach
The Jaguar Classic Division recently showcased a bespoke Jaguar E-TYPE at Queen Elizabeth’s Platinum Jubilee, which took place on June 5, 2022. This Jaguar E-TYPE was an accurate replica of the 1965 Series 1 Jaguar E-TYPE and was commissioned by an unnamed customer. The E-TYPE was featured alongside 15 other unique Jaguar models, all of…
The 2022 Jaguar F-PACE is a sporty crossover with a lavish cabin, advanced driver assistance features, and high-powered engine options, but is the Jaguar F-PACE fuel efficient? Yes, the 2022 Jaguar F-PACE features exceptional fuel economy numbers. Take a moment to learn about the Jaguar F-PACE mpg estimates, gas tank size, and more. Then,…
The Jaguar Special Vehicles Operation team in England has just designed a thrilling new sport SUV that pays homage to the brand’s racing history—in particular, the 1988 XJR-9, which had a top speed of 240-MPH. Only 394 2023 Jaguar F-PACE SVR Edition 1988 SUVs will be produced. Learn about the performance and design highlights…